Sleek, low-profile design
Most keyboards including ergonomic models have a 10 degree positive slope from front to back. These designs tend to bend your wrists. The Freestyle2 has a zero degree slope which minimizes the height, effectively creating negative slope and reducing wrist extension. The slim design provides a 2-in-1 office and travel keyboard.
Accommodates a wide range of individuals
From small to tall and body types in between, the Freestyle2 allows for maximum flexibility catering to each individual’s unique needs. Out of the box both modules are connected together by a flexible pivot tether allowing an infinite range of splay. Disconnecting the pivot tether allows up to 9 or 20 inches of complete separation of both left and right keying modules. Perfect for individual needs ranging from a narrow footprint to complete separation. This design greatly reduces and or/eliminates ulnar deviation.
Low-force, tactile key switches
The Freestyle2 utilizes a quiet, low-force, tactile membrane key switch. The typical average maximum key force of a switch is 45 grams. This is at least 25% less than most traditional and many ergonomic keyboards such as the Microsoft 4000 with maximum key forces of over 60 grams.
Driverless hot keys
Driverless hot keys for commonly used mouse actions. (Internet Page Forward and Back, Undo, Web Home, Cut, Copy and Paste). A vertical rib is located on the inside row of hot keys to provide tactile notification to the user.
Standard key layout
Familiar key layout provides for minimal adaptation time.
Optional palm supports
Optional padded palm supports reduce wrist extension by keeping wrists neutral.
Compatible operating systems
- Windows 7-10
- Linux (multimedia and calculator keys are inoperative)
- Peak force: 44 grams
- Activation force: 35 grams
- Travel distance: 3.9 mm
- Switch type: Rubber dome, membrane
- Width of standard version (9 inches of separation):
- Min: 15.375 inches; Max: 23.50 inches
- Distance between F & J Keys: Min: 3.50 inches; Max: 11.50 inches
- Width of 20 inch version:
- Min: 15.375 inches; Max: 37.75 inches
- Distance between F & J Keys: Min: 3.50 inches; Max: 25.75 inches
- Depth: 7.125 inches; palm supports installed: 10 inches
- Max height: 0.875 inches
- Weight: 2 lbs
- Shipping weight: 3 lbs
- USB cable length: 6 feet
- * Hot Keys for Linux, remote access, and terminal emulation: Hot keys on the PC Freestyle are designed for Windows and may not be supported by Linux & Sun systems or by some browsers. Some hot keys will not work if you are using terminal emulation or remote access.